Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cinnamon Rhubarb Muffins

I am trying to take advantage of my garden. When I was planning Melinda's Birthday Brunch I remembered that Jenna over at Eat Drink Pretty had posted a recipe for Cinnamon Rhubarb Muffins. I just so happen to have rhubarb in my garden! You can check out her post here. I've also shared the recipe below.

Gather your ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 cup sour cream
8 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 large eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups diced rhubarb

For the topping:
3 Tbs. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon


Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your muffin pan with liners. Gather your dry ingredients.
Whisk together: flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.


Whisk together your wet ingredients: sour cream, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir into dry mixture, mix gently with a spatula.
Fold in your rhubarb.


Spoon into your muffin pan.


Prepare your topping of sugar and cinnamon.

Sprinkle over muffins.
Bake muffins for 18 to 22 minutes.

These babies are best served warm.

Moist and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails