Monday, September 20, 2010

Get to Know Your Blogger

Today is a different kind of post. Instead of baked goods or crafty creations, I invite you to get to know me a little better.
This weekend I had an opportunity to create a different "persona" if you will. I was invited on an annual pub crawl that my friend hosts. For this event we were asked to go "Incognito....Come As You Are Not" The plan was to dress in all black, wear wigs, sunglasses and any other fun accessory to make yourself different from your everyday self.
I had a blast with this! It has also inspired me to share a few things with my readers, an opportunity to "Get to Know Your Blogger". First up....a photo of what I look like....

Secondly....
Ten Things to Know About Me...
1) Yes, I am a natural red head (and yes, its all true what they say about us)
2) I've been decorating cakes/cookies for just over a year and a half. Not very long eh? I started by taking a class at Michael's, found a new love, and well, here we are.
3) I have a Bachelor's degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management as well as a certificate in Meeting & Event Planning.
4) I photograph everything...without shame. For a long time I was afraid of "looking like a tourist" when I traveled. Or "looking like a dork" for photographing everything. Then I realized, hey, these are my memories and something I could pass on someday. To hell with what anyone else thinks. Tourist. Dork. Fine by me.
5) I love my dogs. Who knew I could feel this much love for a pet. My heart bursts thinking about them. And I admit, they aren't the best behaved...but we are working on that.
6) I cannot keep cream cheese in my fridge. It wont survive. Throw in a bag of pretzels and that's it. I have lost all self control.
7) I have actually grown to love winter. No, I am not giving up my right to whine and complain about it, but I do have this appreciation for living in an area that has all four seasons. I never thought I'd be that way, but somehow, it happened.
8) I am easily excited about everything. If I find a good idea, I get really excited. Must. Try. It. Now. Its hard to fight the urge to jump up and run to the store every day when I get my "Craft of the Day" emails from Martha Stewart. Reading blogs, are dangerous for this reason as well.
9) I love 80's music. I really should have been 21 during the 80s. My hair would have been amazing.
10) I asked my boyfriend to describe me for my last one, of course, he listed pretty much everything I have already written, but then says "You're like a Cadbury Cream Egg....kind of hard on the outside, but soft and sweet on the inside." Cadbury Cream Eggs are one of my most favorite candies. Maybe he is on to something....

Lastly, here is what I looked like this weekend, donning my alter-ego "The Black Widow"

Not bad eh? I don't think I'll be dying my hair black in real life, but who knew wigs could be so fun?!
That's all for this edition of "Get to Know Your Blogger". I'd love to get to know my readers! Post one great thing about yourself! Come on! Do it!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post, and you look great either way!!
    Random factoid: I love to watch the Science Channel, the History Channel, and Discovery Channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post and LOVE your blog!! Your creations are amazing!! I wish I was talented like you! I love to see beautiful cakes and cookies at parties.Thank you for sharing all with us! I'm your newest follower :) I'm planning a jungle theme party for my son's 2nd b-day...are you still planning in doing a tutorial for the palm trees you made a while back?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails