Monday, October 4, 2010

Autumn Harvest Party!

Oh how I love autumn! The colors, the foods, the smells! It may be the perfect season! To celebrate, my September party, for my monthly party challenge, was an Autumn Harvest Party. I had my friends and family over celebrate this wonderful time of year! Check out my dessert table....

Don't you love it?! I used our picnic table for a tiered effect. Although, I have dogs, so I didn't put much on the bench.


That was just the desserts. I had another table for more deliciousness.

This table was for the mulled wine (kept warm in a crock pot), chili (crock pot number 2), and since this table was closest to the fire, a build your own smore bar. The smore bar offered a variety of chocolates for guests to enjoy!

Here is a closer look at the dessert table.
On the menu....
Apple Pie Pockets
Candied Apples
Pecan Pie Bites
Pumpkin Pie Bites
Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (I'll get to those in a minute!)
And spiced apple cider (brandy optional!) served from my over sized mason jar in the center. We drank out of the smaller mason jars. (And somewhere, someone hums along with Toby Keith's I Love This Bar....)

Here are some closeups. I also glittered some apples for a pretty effect.

I used an old candle holder that I had to display the cupcakes and glittered apples.

Here is a closeup of the cupcakes. These toppers will be available for purchase in my Etsy shop shortly!

In the daylight photos it was hard to tell, but we also had mason jar lanterns over the table. The yard was full of candlelight as well as our little fire pit.
It was a perfect way to welcome the Autumn season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails