Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mardi Gras Masks

OK, as per usual, I am a little behind on posting fun stuff related to holidays, celebrations, and stuff that's you know, pre-determined and I should know to plan in advance. Right.
Recently I saw this post on Sweetopia which reminded me that I had a mardi gras mask cookie cutter! I bought this cutter ages ago, when I too was inspired by Peggy Porschen's book, Beautiful Cakes. I just never got around to using it. Well, here is what I did, last minute of course!
I could die how brilliant that blue glitter is! And it tastes good too! I was surprised. I had not used it before, and I expected it to make my cookies taste grainy. Nope, not at all. Delicious!

The green was a bit of a let down. I didn't realize it at the time, but I ordered it online and it was a different brand than the blue glitter. That may have something to do with its lack luster sparkle.
I'm hooked on this blue now though! All kinds of ideas swirling around in my already over-loaded brain! Oh and I should mention, I also tried a new chocolate rolled cookie recipe, and I'm loving it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails