Monday, April 11, 2011

Avocado Chocolate Mousse

Recently on a fitness website message board, I learned that you could make chocolate mousse with avocado. Lately, I have been addicted to avocado, and this was just fuel for the fire.  Now don't knock it till you've tried it.  I know, avocado? chocolate? Sounds like some crazy pregnant lady craving.  I assure you, I am not pregnant, and this is absolutely delicious.  Go ahead, take a walk on the wild side.....
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
1 Ripe Avocado
1/4 Cup Sweetener (I used regular granulated sugar, but feel free to replace with splenda or something of the like)
1/4 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder

Mash it all together.  You can put it in a blender, food processor, or just mash it up with a spoon or potato masher.  I did the spoon way.  You have to make sure your avocado is really ripe though. 
Mash it up, and then chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.  You could eat it warm, but its waaaaay better chilled.
I topped mine with fresh strawberry.
It pretty much rocked my socks. 
This recipe should really be 2 servings, but just try not to devour the entire bowl yourself!
I mean it, its that good.  Trust me.  Try it out, then come back and comment about how right I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails