Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bye Bye Boobies

I had the honor of making cupcakes for a woman diagnosed with breast cancer. This woman is scheduled to have a double mastectomy as part of her treatment. Her daughter threw her an incredible party, in which I was lucky enough to make cupcakes for. The party theme was "Bye Bye Boobies".  Yep, that's for real. When I first got the inquiry I laughed out loud at this theme. What an inspiration this woman is! Throwing a party to say goodbye to her breasts?!  Its that kind of positive attitude, that kind of lust for life, and infectious sense of humor that you cannot help but respect and adore. It touched my heart to be able to be a part of this unconventional look at breast cancer survival.


 Thank you Jodi for letting me contribute to this! My thoughts and prayers are with your mother, may her humor and strength carry her through this difficult time.  I hope we will be working together on a cancer free party in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails