Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sunshine and Rainbows

This week I shared my birthday celebration Joy Dominoes, aka random acts of kindness. Today I'm sharing another fun idea, a Sunshine and Rainbows box!!  
Earlier this year a dear friend of mine experienced a life altering tragedy and was having a really rough time. Its been my experience that people go through a tragedy and are able to distract themselves with all of the details and the visits from well wishers.  Suddenly time passes and the distractions are no longer as frequent. You're left with your own thoughts and grief.  I thought of my friend "after the dust settled" and thought she might need some cheering up.  We live in different states so a visit wasn't really feasible. I decided what she needed was some sunshine and rainbows!
Here is the collection of random stuff I sent her. Each item had a cute meaning behind it too.
A box of Skittles to represent rainbows and a little ray of sunshine to remind her of her awesomeness.
A garden gnome (well that's kind of an inside joke), a lotus flower which is said to bring peace, and bright yellow nail polish for a much needed sunny pedicure.
A scented candle in a tin decorated just for her.

These are just a few of the items I included. The possibilities are endless! You don't have to wait for a reason to send one either! Everybody needs a little sunshine and rainbows, even when life is going good.

I hope you're inspired to send a loved one some sunshine!




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails