Monday, April 16, 2012

Blue Coffee Filter Wreath

I've never been a "have a wreath year-round" kind of girl. I've only hung wreaths in fall and at Christmas. But I've been coming across so many beautiful wreaths for all different occasions or no occasion at all, that I'm starting to rethink this year-round idea. I came across this great tutorial on I'll Get You My Pretties. Kristy is like me, loving the coffee filter craft trend but dang that stuff looks time consuming.  She made this beautiful folded filter wreath....awesomeness in half the time. Be sure to hop on over to her blog for the full tutorial. Now, I loved her idea, but had to put my own spin on it. This is what I came up with....
Before folding the filters I soaked them in bowls of water with blue food coloring. After about an hour I took them out and let them dry on the dish rack in my sink. Now I know what you're thinking, isn't this supposed to be a fast craft?  Well, I did the filters in the morning, you know, when I made coffee. Put them in the sink and went on about my business for the day.  Later that afternoon when I actually had time to craft they were dry and ready to go. Easy peasy, with a great color effect.
In addition to dying them blue, I inked the edges with Distress Ink, and misted with some Glimmer Mist. I had some glitter feathers and peacock feathers so I glued those on.  I also happen to be obsessed with crepe paper flowers.  Since I've been making them like crazy, I just popped one on the front.
I am in love with this wreath! I may even be inspired to make more wreaths before the fall/winter season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails