Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Glass Bottom Tiki Hut Cupcake

I have some serious spring fever. Tomorrow we are expected to get another 6 inches of snow, and I cant help but day dream about a beach vacation, gardening in my backyard and simple bright sunlight!  Have you ever seen these tiki huts, with the glass floors, over the water?
Wouldn't it be just a dream to stay in one of these?! These are most definitely on my bucket list!
I was recently talking with a friend of mine about these huts, and some how our emails became obsessed with them! When there is that kind of obsession what else can you do about it but make a cupcake!
Behold, a Glass Bottom Tiki Hut Cupcake!!
Fiji Hut Cupcake
I made blue sugar glass for the bottom, fondant flowers, and a fondant roof. The only thing not edible on this cupcake are the legs holding up the roof.  I tried to make them from fondant, but bamboo skewers worked out better.
 What do you think? Does this cupcake make you want to take a tropical vacation? Am I the only one with spring fever?!


 photo BlogSignaturecopy_zps136f6d8e.jpg

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails